Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Green Monster Smoothie

So I came across this recipe on Pinterest last night and it's from a great blog, Skinnytaste. I've actually been seeing this "Green Monster" around in a few different places, so I thought I may as well give it a go. Am I ever glad I did! It is DELICIOUS! Seriously...aside from it's vibrant green colour, you would never know there's spinach in it! I had to adapt the recipe as I didn't have quite exactly the ingredients specified and I also added a bit of vanilla protein powder. Nontheless, DELISH! This one will definitely be added into my breakfast rotation...or any time of day rotation to be honest!

So here it is sitting in the blender awaiting a whirl.


And here it is all blended up into sweet, satisfying deliciousness ready to go in my belly!



Green Monster Smoothie (adapted from here)

1 medium banana, frozen
3/4 cup skim milk
1/2 cup plain greek yogurt (only had Oikos honey cups, so just scooped the plain yogurt off the top!)
1 tbsp light peanut butter
2 cups spinach
1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder
2 cups spinach

Place all in a blender. Blend! Pour into a glass and ENJOY!

Nutrition Info:
Calories 552.3
Fat 10.9g
Carbs 76.9
Fibre 5.1
Protein 42.4

WW+Pts: 13

Note: Next time I'm going to try and use some different ingredients to try and get those numbers down. Nonethess, this is a great choice to start off your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment