Monday, May 11, 2009

Sidelined....again

Well first of all...let me mourn the Canucks............OK!

I can probably count the times that I have tried to get my act together and really do this once and for all. Except, every time that I've been able to get into a routine and get it down and start doing really well...something always happens to me! Always!
Now whether it's become something mental where it's like I'm expecting it, so I bring it on myself, I'm not too sure. But it's happened...again...but this time....it's different!

My plantar fasciitis. Oooh, I just want to wish it away. It's come back with a vengence in my left foot. I've suffered from it in both my feet, but my left foot, ohh it's painful. So this is why I haven't been on. But why not, you might be asking. It's not fingers that were broken that could prevent me from typing, lol. Again, it's all mental.

I said this time, it's different. Yes it is. Because before, I would just end up feeling sorry for myself. I would fall back into bad old habits (oh so easy to do!) and would just end up back at square one. But this time, yes it's different. Sure I felt some self-pity. I wasn't able to do the work outs as I had wanted. But I still got to the pool (except last week). Okay, so maybe that was a bit of a fib, but I missed one week! But what's different, is that I kept at it in my mind. I didn't stop what I was doing. When I was feeling down about my foot, I didn't comfort myself with food! I didn't comfort myself with food! That is a huge step! I still kept planning. I still kept making sure I was eating what I was supposed to be eating. That is HUGE! I can proudly say, that I have been eating well, eating what I should be, to help with my pcos. Yes, I have PCOS. I will get to that another time. I just feel so proud of myself for not letting my emotions control what I eat. I have been eating for fuel. Not for comfort. Not for pleasure. Eating to live, not living to eat. YES!

So, we're still going strong. I might not be able to totally do the challenges as I'd like. But I'm going to modify them, to fit my needs and my stupid foot :)
I got my orthotics adjusted today...and instructions to stretch my calves for 5 minutes, 3x times/day! So hopefully, this will help. And! I've decided to trade in my car, which I think is making my foot worse. It's a standard. My clutch foot, is the bad foot...so hopefully we can find something soon!

I should be getting an update for the challenge tonight from Jenna. So it should be posted by tomorrow. I love how everyone is getting involved. This is so great! So cheers to everyone! and HERE WE GO!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment